Sunday, January 24, 2010

Finished another piece

This post is only to gloat over completing a sub-milestone on my PhD work, the second of the three analysis phases.

As the picture shows, I first did a set of six different kinds of analysis on each of the eight sessions I'm looking at for the thesis. I finished that about a month ago (after more than two years of work). The piece I just finished was comparing the questionnaires that I gave each practitioner to the individual session analyses.

I had asked each person questions about their software and facilitation skill levels and experience, and their opinions about the sessions they had conducted. There was nothing breathtaking that emerged from that analysis, but it filled in another piece of the puzzle by being able to compare what had happened in a session to the level of practitioner experience and skill.

For the last analysis sub-phase, "Cross-Episode Analysis", I will (at last!) look across all eight sessions and compare them on a number of criteria. I've been looking forward to doing this for years now, but had to finish all the individual analyses first.

Hoping to do this part in the next two months or less (I'll probably have to take some vacation time to do so). Then the actual writing of the thesis will start. It's been a long time coming (since Oct 2003).

No comments: